ASSERTIVENESS AND SELF-CONFIDENCE
4 hours (1/2 day)
"Learning is not a spectator sport." – D. Blocher
Self-confidence and assertiveness are two skills that are crucial for success in life. If you don’t feel worthy, and/ or you don’t know how to express your self-worth when communicating with others, life can be very painful. These skills will provide opportunities and benefits to your participants in their professional and personal lives.
The Assertiveness And Self-Confidence workshop will give participants an understanding of what assertiveness and self-confidence each mean (in general and to them personally) and how to develop those feelings in their day-to-day lives. These skills will encompass many aspects of your participant’s lives and have a positive effect on all of them.
- Define assertiveness and self-confidence, and list the four styles of communication.
- Describe the types of negative thinking, and how one can overcome negative thoughts.
- Explain the difference between listening and hearing, and understand the importance of body language and questioning skills in communication.
- Define the importance of goal setting, and practice setting SMART goals for assertive behavior.
- Utilize methodologies for understanding your worth — and the use of positive self-talk.
- Practice sending positive communications phrased as “I-Messages”.
- Use the STAR model to make your case during a presentation challenge.
- Display rapport-building skills through assertive methods of expressing disagreement and consensus-building techniques.