4 hours (1/2 day)
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." – Plato
For the better part of every day, we are communicating to and with others. Whether it’s the speech you deliver in the boardroom, the level of attention you give your spouse when they are talking to you, or the look you give the cat, it all means something.
The Communication Strategies workshop will help participants understand the different methods of communication and how to make the most of each of them. These strategies will provide a great benefit for any organization and its employees. They will trickle down throughout the organization and positively impact everyone involved.
- Understand what communication is.
- Identify ways that communication can happen.
- Identify barriers to communication and how to overcome them.
- Develop their non-verbal and paraverbal communication skills.
- Develop greater presence.
- Learn effective presentation skills.
- Learn how to use your voice effectively.
- Listen actively and effectively.
- Ask better questions.
- Use appreciative inquiry as a communication tool.
- Adeptly converse and network with others.
- Identify and mitigate precipitating factors.
- Establish common ground with others.
- Utilize the law of association and an effective. greeting strategies